Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday's Random Thoughts


Today's blog I've titled "random thoughts". My thoughts are all over the board today. So many things rushing in and out. 

Feeling blue, in the text books,  is defined as being sad or unhappy, for me, it's often just that feeling my mother called "the blahs".  I'm not depressed, sad, or fearful. It's just 'the blahs'.

From a friend: "Any politician who can be elected only by turning Americans against other Americans is too dangerous to be elected."

I turned the oven on to heat up. I'm thinking the sweet smell of chocolate chips cookies coming from the kitchen will help my mood. Thankfully I have a box of those little frozen squares of cookie dough we bought from our grandson's  sport fund raiser and I don't have to mix all the ingredients. Don't have the energy for that today.

We got an extra hour today, to do what we want, either creative or lazy. I chose to be lazy and spent it in bed. Now I'm beginning to think that wasn't a good idea. It may have contributed to my mood.

What to fix for supper?

It's so dark and gloomy today we had to turn on some lights. I hate days like this. The temperature right now is only 39° and down to 30° tonight.  Already I'm feeling the effects of the cold air. It hurts.

I'm trying something different for this blog. I'm writing it in a program called One Note, a Microsoft program that came with my MS Office. So many times when I open the web site to type up a blog, my head goes empty, blank. This way I can come in to my desk and type what might come to me when I'm in the kitchen or bathroom. Some of my best ideas come to me when I'm in the bathroom.  hahaha

Supper is over and the kitchen is clean.  We ended up having hamburgers.  That's what Bob wanted. I think I could become a vegetarian because meat doesn't taste good to me anymore. I do like fish and chicken, and I definitely like vegetables and salads. I just have to make sure I get enough protein. 

Two more days! I can't wait for all these campaign commercials to stop. I'm getting so tired of hearing Obama's lies. 



Day 4:  This may sound silly at first, but I'm thankful for my brain… for being able to think, calculate, recognize, understand, communicate,  for which I also thank God every day for giving me this ability and pray it will always be this way. I've watched people die from Alzheimer, including a family member. It's such a horrible disease, it breaks my heart. 

OK, that's enough for today. I hope you've had a good one.
Take care.
God bless. 
-- Carol 

3 comments:

  1. Your Gratitude Day 4 is a good one, Carol! Sorry you have the "blahs" - I think we all go through it. You may be right about staying in bed too long. I feel awful when I sleep too long, too. Hope your mood is better tomorrow! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lady after my own heart, because I have days just exactly like you described....thank goodness they dont come often and they do pass. Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better today. For me the smell of cookies would certainly do the trick... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....