I had a good day. Busy, but good. The sun was shining so bright and I could even feel the warmth from it. We've needed this. It's been so dark and gloomy lately. The sun does a body good. My sister sent me a text message that she was even "laying" on her back deck, soaking up some rays. I had to laugh. I could just imagine her, sitting in her deck chair with her heavy coat on.
I had written in an earlier post about putting together a genealogy book for my 8 year old grandson. During that time, I wrote a cousin hoping to get some information on her father, my dad's brother. I haven't seen her in over 50 years. Well, she answered me back and we've been exchanging emails with pictures and lots of information on our families. It's been good talking to her. I never figured we'd ever get to this point. She sounds like she's changed a lot. We never used to get along when we were kids, but now that we're both "old ladies", it's time to make another attempt. Maybe we could actually become friends. (now, Carol, don't count your chickens before they're hatched.)
I worked most of the morning, finishing some paperwork for my boss then emailed it to him. Then Bob and I ran out to the grocery store to pick up some things we needed, plus some things we didn't. By the time we got home, I had to start supper. We had beef and noodles with mashed potatoes. We had planned on putting up our Christmas tree today, but by the time we got back home, I was tired and out of the mood. Hopefully tomorrow.
While we were eating, I got a couple emails from my boss. I have them set to come through on my cell phone. So after we got the supper mess cleaned up, I went back to work. I just finished up the last of it, so now my brain is ready to relax. I'm going to be seeing numbers in my sleep.
Hope everyone had a good day.
Take care.
God bless.
Glad you got some sunshine for a change. You are a busy lady for sure. Maybe you can relax and put that tree up today. Whatever comes, enjoy your Friday!
ReplyDeleteWe had a beautiful day, today. Sunshine and only in the mid-70s. AC off, and doors and windows open! Nice after a week or so of hot, humid, and rain.
ReplyDeleteHope your evening is relaxing and that you are in the mood for a tree tomorrow!!