When I got up this
morning, the first thing I did was look outside. I wasn't sure what I'd see,
but it was just raining and the walks just looked wet. Around 11:00am it changed. Ice
started forming on the limbs and power lines.
By 12:30pm we had a 10th of an inch of ice. As the temperature went up this afternoon to
38° it changed over to just rain. One good thing about the rain … we don't have
to shovel it out of the way.
After I heard the local weather advisory, I sent a text message to my
2 daughters that work in town to let them know what was going on outside and of
course Mommy had to remind them to be very careful driving home. Lisa answered back to remind me they were at
the funeral. Her husband's sister passed away last Friday.
My husband teases me
but I'm not ashamed of the fact that I'm a fan of The Young and the
Restless. I saw the very first episode
in 1973 while I was a stay-at-home mother of 3 yr old twins. I remember I had
put them down for a nap and turned on the TV. I watched the news then this new
program came on. I watched it and I've been watching ever since. This is their
40th anniversary! Oh my!
For supper I fixed a
hamburger-rice casserole and some baby peas. Hubby likes it. I'd rather have
had a salad but no lettuce in the house.
Headline
News:
"Department of
Homeland Security has started releasing hundreds of illegal immigrants held in
local jails; blaming the
Administration's automatic budget cuts.
A spokesman for one county sheriff in Arizona told Fox News that ICE
officials have plans to release a total of nearly 10,000 illegal
immigrants."
This sequester is
all just a ploy to try to get us to think it's because we have less money than
before. We don't. Obama's administration is just spending that much more!
Well, going to call it a night. Hope you had a good day.
Take care.
God bless
I used to watch the Soaps too when I was younger and don't know why I got away from them, but if you enjoy, that's all that matters. All the cuts that will be coming are directly from what the President wants...nothing more, but all of us will suffer...count on it. Boo hiss!!!!
ReplyDeleteI never watched The Young and the Restless, but I followed General Hospital, One Life To Live, and All My Children (and Dark Shadows) for years and years and years. OLTL and AMC I watched from their beginning, in the late 60s. GH had already been on awhile when I started watching it. Black & white, and only 30 minutes each back then! Those were the days!
ReplyDeleteGlad the ice didn't stay around long enough to cause damage!!