The last couple days
have been busy ones but very enjoyable for the most part.
Tuesday I met up
with my sister for coffee when she got off work. Two hours later, we were
leaving the restaurant and headed for home. When we get together the time just
flies by.
Last evening we went
to the elementary school to watch Grandson #4 in his spring program. The kids
all did a great job. I couldn't get any
good pictures. We were sitting too far away in a very dark audience. Half way through the program I developed one
of those horribly painful heartburns. My supper didn't want to agree with me. I
ate 5 Tums before I could feel the slightest bit of relief.
We sat with our
daughter and son-in-law, so while we waited for the show to begin, it gave Lisa
and I a chance to talk about the menu for our Easter dinner. I told them I was
baking a carrot cake and Rob's eyes lit up. He loves my carrot cake.
We are having our
dinner on Saturday, due to some scheduling problems with the 3 daughters and
their families.
• Grandson #2 will
be here over the weekend, but our daughter has to drive him back to OSU Sunday
afternoon.
• Daughter #2 and
her family are coming down from Michigan to spend the weekend, but they'll also
have to head home Sunday afternoon.
• Daughter #1 is
hosting the dinner this year. Her weekend is free and she's able to have
everyone over. She also has a bigger house than I do. Since she doesn't see her
sisters very often, they are all having a 'slumber party' Saturday night. I
know they'll have a good time.
• Grandson #3 has
spring break all next week, so he's going to stay here then we have to get him
back to Michigan the following weekend. Our daughter Teresa is taking him back,
meeting Lori half way, in Toledo. We just can't make the drive, so I'm glad our
youngest daughter loves the open road and trips like that.
In the news:
• The reports came
out for our county's unemployment figures. We went from 7% to 8.5%. Where is
the economic recovery for us?
• A local man called
the police yesterday to report his cousin has been making phone calls to him
wanting a relationship. He told him that he was not interested, he was married.
What's with that?
Some people anymore act like they've lost something in the brain department.
• "From 2009 to 2013, the U.S. government
has spent $1,188,382 on puppetry-related expenses. Some of the expenses include
puppet shows for kids on educational topics. Others include puppet-based
research. In 2010, the taxpayer-funded National Science Foundation awarded the
University of Central Florida a $199,754 research grant for “Efficient Control
and Transmission of Digital Puppetry.”
We are heading out
to the grocery now to get the things we need for Easter dinner.
I hope you are
having a wonderful day.
I'm going to leave
you with this poem that I like.
It Is Finished
The disciples surely thought it was finished,
that the world had gone insane.
How could the Father allow this to happen?
Was Jesus teaching all in vain?
Both Mary's surely thought it was finished,
as they witnessed their worst fears,
seeing the Man they both loved near death.
They could hardly see Him through their tears.
The high priests surely thought it was finished,
their voices rising in a victory shout,
as they watched their plan grow to fruition,
thinking their competition had been wiped out.
Pontius Pilate just wanted it finished.
To what crimes can this Man confess?
Since I can find no fault with Him,
I will simply wash my hands of this mess.
Judas conscience surely knew he was finished,
as he regretted his actions too late.
He had betrayed the only Son of God,
and his name would earn history's hate.
The thief surely thought he was finished,
receiving just punishment for his life of sin,
until a single plea, Lord, remember me,
his new home in paradise to win.
The centurion surely thought, we're finished.
What is this wicked deed we have done?
As the earth beneath his feet trembled,
Surely this Man was God's Son.
Jesus cried out, it is finished.
Yet it had only just begun.
The Father and Son were reunited.
The two deities again became one.
Christ cried out, it is finished.
But it was only just beginning.
The apostles would continue His mission.
Hearts and souls they would soon be winning.
Satan's power over us, it is finished,
since Christ played the Sacrificial Lamb's part.
Jesus gave His life for you and me.
He's become the focus of the Christian's heart.
~
Lanette Kissel
We are so blessed to be so loved by our Christ Jesus, Lord and Savior!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you will have a wonderful Easter celebration, with everyone home. Do you still do Easter baskets for the 'kids'?
What a fun time you are going to have with everyone reunited, and I know there will be lots of good food. Your poem is awesome and tells the whole story. Praise His name for what He did for us!
ReplyDelete