My last few days have been very busy, but very nice. Thursday my brother stopped by on his way to Pennsylvania with a load going to a paper mill. We took him to Bob Evans for lunch then back to his truck so he could get on his way. We had a nice visit.
Friday he came back to town around 5:00 pm. He wanted to go to Orchard Tree for their Friday seafood buffet, then he came back home with us. We sat up till almost midnight talking. He spent the night. I had gotten a text message earlier from Lori, who lives in Michigan, that they were in Ohio, heading for Teresa's house. I told her that her uncle was here and if they wanted to come over to have breakfast with him in the morning before he left.
Saturday morning we got up early and drank a pot of coffee before the kids even got here. Lori and I made scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, bagels and orange juice while the guys talked. We had a great time having him here with us. After we got the kitchen cleaned up, they left and we took my brother back to his truck, which was parked at WalMart. Teresa was shopping inside, so she got to see him for a few minutes before he pulled out. Then she and the boys came down to the house.
When Lori and her family got back to our house around 1:00, we all had lunch together, with more laughing and playing with the kids. It was great.
Bob's birthday is next week so since Lori won't be able to come down 2 weeks in a row, we had a combined Mother's Day and birthday party for him. The girls gave him a gift and instead of a cake, Lori made him a fruit pizza. He loved it. After everyone left around 5:00, I cleaned up the kitchen -- again -- then collapsed. Today was a day of rest. I'm still tired, but it's a good tired after a great weekend.
UPS delivered a bouquet of roses Sat. morning from Lisa, with a note saying she was sorry she couldn't be here. (She was out of town.) I could have cried. The flowers are so beautiful. She's a sweet girl.
Lori had a gift mailed to me and it arrived on Thursday. I got some of these last year from her and they are so delicious. They're from Sheri's Berries. The largest, juiciest strawberries I've ever seen.
Teresa gave me a gift card to one of my favorite restaurants. She knows I love the chance to have someone else do the cooking.
Now that the excitement is all over, tomorrow is back to the old schedule. I have laundry, as usual, and a kitchen floor that needs cleaned.
Our weather the last couple days has turned cold. I almost had to get the heavy winter coat out again. Tonight we have a freeze warning, getting down to 33°.
I hope you had a great weekend.


You had double fun this weekend for sure. Like you, the whole crew was here and it was good to be together, but we are back to the old grind now. lol Have a good Monday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful few days you had with family all around you! The flowers a gorgeous, and the strawberries and pretzels look so good! I would be exhausted, too, though! Glad you had some time to take it easy, and then get caught up on chores. I can't believe it is still so cold! I'm beginning to wonder what kind of clothes to pack for our trip north in another week! Yikes!
ReplyDelete