I don't have any specific plans for today. I should steam clean the kitchen floor... if I can muster up the energy. Bob is out mowing the yard. The last few days we could almost watch the grass grow. He mowed last Tuesday but when the squirrels can hide in it, it's time for another cut.
I just put on some eggs to boil. I'm thinking deviled eggs.
Bob and I went up to Orchard Tree last evening for supper. They have a Friday Seafood buffet each week but by the time we got up there, we both changed our minds. We had a sandwich and a piece of butterscotch pie. They are famous for their homemade pies. They're always so good... my treat for the week.
Today is the 139th Kentucky Derby.... "the greatest 2 minutes in sports" I haven't been watching any news on the horses running this year. I just saw on the Weather Channel the forecast could be rainy. If the track turns muddy, that will change a lot of the chances. Some horses don't do as well as others when it comes to mud. Orb is the favorite so far this morning, but that could change if the rain moves in before the 20 horses break from the starting gates at 6:24 p.m. The purse is $2,199,800, with $1,439,800 going to the winner. I'll probably watch it this evening. I love horse races. And baseball games. One fast and short. The other slow and boring. lol
I had to take a short break and now I'm trying to get my breath. I went outside to help Hubby trim some tree branches that hit him in the head when he mows. Then we carried them all out to the curb so the city crew can pick them up Monday, according to the schedule in today's paper.
I think I'm going to stop here ......
A
wish for you~
May God grant you always,
A sunbeam to warm you,
A
moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel so nothing can harm you,
Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you, and
whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you...ღ ღ ღ

Hi Carol! Thanks for catching us up on your day! Glad the weather has stayed nice for you, for awhile! My niece, Sara, graduated from Ohio University, down in Athens, today. I saw photos, and it looks like it was a nice day down that way, too. Butterscotch pie sounds SO good - one of my favorites. Yum.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're enjoying your weekend!
ReplyDelete