I know I've been MIA the last few days and the only excuse I have is... laziness.
Our weather has been beautiful, still. Perfect, in fact. Highs in the 70's with cool nights, perfect for sleeping with the window open.
Sunday we went to church, the one we're checking out to see if we want to make it our new church home. The service was good. After that it was all downhill so we went to our car and left. But we weren't there to socialize, we were there for the worship. (Matthew 18:20) We'll go back.
Monday, the theme of the day was 'food'. We went shopping; we had to; the refrigerator, freezer and cupboard was empty. The only thing I had to make any kind of meal was a can of tuna. We went out to our favorite grocery, took advantage of some specials on meat. We brought it home, put it in the refrigerator, then went out to WalMart to get the taxables and the rest of the grocery items. When we got home, we took all the meat out and vacuum sealed it into meal-size portions. I now have menus and enough food for the next 3 weeks.
Tuesday was then laundry day. There's nothing more to say about that. We all know what that entails.
Yesterday was also election day. We had a primary/special election for city council seats and the school tax renewal levy. That passed. Now we have a permanent 1% tax.
Today, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have to dust the living room and steam clean the kitchen floor.
Bob got up early today and went out to the rifle range. He's helping one of the guys with some maintenance work and mowing. He'll be gone several hours, I'm sure.
I have to get busy now. Hope you have a good day. Keep smiling.
I have those lazy/blah days too. When you do the same things, day after day, it cant be too interesting to write it down for others to read. lol Not that yours isnt interesting, I am just saying, I know what you meant. Like today, I have nothing going on, same old things. Hope yours is better than mine! lol
ReplyDeleteWe all have the same kind of days! Your weather is what we had two months ago- with the windows open. Feels so good. Now, the AC is on and the electric bill is climbing! I use the vacuum seal system, too, because we buy our meats at Sam's Club. What a great invention for those of us who buy in bulk and freeze the food! Wishing you a good evening, Carol!
ReplyDelete