Friday, July 12, 2013

A very comfortable Friday...

Happy Friday, everyone.  The weekend is only a few hours away. Then you'll be able to rest and recuperate. That was for my few friends that still have to work during the week.

We are enjoying a couple days of comfortable weather. The humidity is low and the temperature is just right. We have a slight cloud cover but that makes for it being just right. My kind of weather. 
This won't last long, as usual. It's going to go back to hot and muggy.


This mother of 3 beautiful daughters is about to show you something that I never thought, in my wildest dreams, that I would see this coming. Lisa, my first-born of the twins, is a Biker Babe. What can I say? She's always been so independent, doing her own thing, and she loves motorcycles. She and her husband started out with small ones and the size of the bikes have gotten bigger and bigger. This weekend she took off on a motorcycle tour with several other gals and they're headed for the Michigan UP. There's 16 in their group.

Lisa's not tough and vulgar like some people associate with bikers. This is a great bunch of gals. They do fund raisers and sell products to raise money for breast cancer victims. The money goes directly to local women who need financial help, not to mention one-on-one moral support.

 I've been getting updates and pictures of them since they gathered together at a designated spot in Ft. Wayne. Then they hit the road.
I received this picture this morning of them near Arcadia, MI where they entered an unusual spot. She said it is so weird. It's called Reverse Road. Why it's weird? She said 3 of the gals laid their bikes down from the force that pushed them backwards. Hence, the name. I thought they were just sitting on a steep hill, but it's not.
I've been to another spot in MI where gravity plays weird tricks on a person. I can't remember the name right now, but when you enter the area, you can't stand up straight. Everyone leans and feels like you're walking up hill. But when you leave, and look back, the area is flat. It was so much fun but crazy. I wonder what there is about MI and these phenomena?

Just got another post from her. They're at Apache Trout Grill in Traverse City having lunch on the lake. I wish I was with her.... not on the bike, just on the lake. :)


Well, I guess I'll close this for now. I've got some fish thawing and some yeast rolls rising for supper. I think I'll make a salad, possibly another veggie and some muskmelon.

Hope you've had a great day.

4 comments:

  1. I bet they will have a great time, and it is good to know she keeps you updated on the trip. Your supper sounds good, I didnt take anything out of the freezer, so no telling what we will end up eating! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to be sure to get all the updates on your daughters trip and where they go? I wonder if they will go through my town??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have "muskmelon"!! Haven't called cantaloupe by that name since I lived in Ohio! You make me homesick!

    Here in Florida, there is a spot called Spook Hill, where cars in neutral seem to roll up hill. There is one in Maryland, too, but I forget what they called it there. Fun to experience.

    Nice that you are getting good weather! We still have wet, humid heat. Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How weird is that, about the gravity! I never heard of such places before. Makes me wonder if there are such spots in Europe as well, I will have to check that out.
    What a cool thing to go, go on a bike trip with just the girls, seems like so much fun!
    It's still a workday for me today, Saturday, alas..., but weekend will be here soon as well. Have a good one Carol!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....