Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday, July 5, 2013

 I started writing a blog yesterday then forgot about it, so I'm trying it again.... after several modification, of course.

We had a quiet Independence Day. We stayed home and didn't do anything productive. When the fireworks started last night, we stepped outside and watched them from our front yard. Of course we could only see the ones that appeared above the trees. It started to rain before the grand finale but I stayed out there just for the fun of it. Here's a picture of the view we had....  lol

Today we had more rain. My daughter and I were going over to a friend's house to pick cherries from his tree, but by the time it cleared up, we didn't have time. We might try again tomorrow even tho' the weather forecast is more of the same.

One year ago today, our weather set new records. July 1st through July 8th we had temperatures of 93° to 98° for 7 straight days. Thankfully we don't have that this year. Today's high was 81°.

Tonight we went over to our daughter's to have cake and ice cream with our grandson in celebration of his birthday yesterday. Her house was full of friends. The 2 youngest boys were having so much fun playing this and that with friends. The oldest of the 2 was being funny and at times a real a pistol.
Then his little brother Bryan showed up...................  Boys!

I hope you're having a good holiday weekend.
Until next time................


3 comments:

  1. Love your new background. Glad you had a good day on the 4th. Boys will be boys wont they? Love watching and listening to them. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally had a day without rain. Amazing. Sorry the rain ruined your 4th of July, but it looks like the fireworks went on. The boys look like 'boys'... if that makes sense. Boys will be boys. Too cute. I really like your patriotic background, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of the boys! They do keep one young, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....