Monday, August 19, 2013

An Un-healthy Monday

It looks like we have a summer cold bug being passed around our family. Our daughter started with it and took it back to Michigan with her ... the coughing, headache, etc. Then our grandson. He got so bad he couldn't breath and had to get a breathing treatment. Then his mother got it. She's bad. Couldn't give anyone a massage today and spread the cold germs to her clients. Now I have it. I've been fighting it a few days now, but I'm not as bad as the others.

Viruses this time of year are very difficult to get over.

Not much going on here. Nothing to report anyways.

Teresa dropped off the boys this morning while she went up to the shop. She cleared her calendar for today then came back, got the boys and went home to take more medicine and rest. Just now I got a message from our grandson..... he forgot his "bankie". Now he wants us to bring it over so he can sleep tonight. It's just a rag now but he's not ready to give it up yet. I'm sure, with the fighting, the divorce, the moving into a new home, etc. etc., he's feeling some insecurity. So our daughter isn't going to push the subject again. At least he doesn't take it to school with him.

I'm sure you've heard by now about the mass demonstration called the "Million Muslim March" that's to take place on Sept. 11th. The American Muslim Political Action Committee is organizing the march and claims Muslims in this country have been the victims of anti-Islamic bigotry since Sept. 11, 2001.
[no personal comment -- my friends know how I feel about this].
What I wanted to mention tho' is all the news going around about a 'counter-march'. I don't know if this is true or not, I just know if this does happen, it could get ugly. I will be sure to watch the news that day. I almost wish I could go along -- with the bikers, of course.
Hope you're having a good day.
Until next time...................

3 comments:

  1. Let me know if you're not feeling well enough for a lesson tomorrow. We can reschedule. I hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hate to hear about the nasty virus going around, and I also hope y'all keep it up there in Ahia! ;)

    I haven't heard about either 9/11 march, but I tend to avoid the news whenever I can. It usually just makes me mad. I hope it doesn't turn nasty. Muslims are supposed to be such peace-loving people...snort.

    Hope you all start feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hate to hear about everybody having the nasty 'crud'. It does seem to come around about this time of year. I did read about the march and I have to be like you and keep my mouth shut and my fingers off the keys. Never been on a bike in my life, but count me in! lol Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....