Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunny Sunday

We had a good time last evening at the NRA banquet. Our table consisted of Bob and I, his brother and our sister-in-law, my cousin and his wife plus Daryl, the auctioneer for the live auction, and a friend of our's, Al. Daryl is the auctioneer I used to work for.

There was a packed house. The members had sold 130 tickets plus some at the door last night. The room holds 175 people, and as the room was filling up, they had us move our table over so they could set up another one.

Elaine and I left before the guys could. They had to stay and gather up the things that belonged to the organization. Bob didn't get home until after midnight. The treasurer did a preliminary count of the income for the night... $35,000! I'd say it was a success.

We didn't make it to church this morning. Bob is exhausted from all the work the last few days, so we played hookey. I know it's not a very good excuse but at our age, I'm sure the Lord understands.

It's another beautiful day in NW Ohio. The sky is clear. The current temperature is in the mid 70's with an expected high of 81°. Hopefully we'll be able to keep the windows open again today, but if that humidity goes up anymore, we'll be turning the a/c back on.

I have no plans for today. I think I'll just study and practice this afternoon. Bob brought home some left-over roast beef last night, so I don't have to cook. Just heat that up and have sandwiches. When he came in with the box, showed me what he had, I asked why not the pie? They must have had 6 different kinds of pie last night. That was the best part of the meal. They were so good. Now I'm  hungry. :)

Our county fair will start Aug. 29th and run through Sept. 2nd . That brings a whole bunch of emotions out of people. The kids are glad but parents are worried because they can't afford to take the kids out. The kids are sad because that means school will be starting and parents are glad. Now for us old folks... we may go out one night but it doesn't hold our interest anymore. We do enjoy going out and running into folks we haven't seen since last year's fair. I am hungry for the french fries, TX tenderloin and an elephant ear. Oh, and maybe a waffle. There's also a lady with a trailer that makes THE absolute best cherry ice cream. We never miss that. Hope she's there again this year. We may be taking the 2 youngest grandsons out one night too. Our daughter has to work at the display table for the shop.


I received this email today from Yahoo..............
"As part of our continuing effort to provide you with a wonderful Yahoo Email experience, we want to  make sure the mail you send gets to the friends, family and other contacts you are trying to reach, In support of this commitment, we have removed your email addresses in your Yahoo address book that are no longer valid. The following addresses have been removed from your address book............"
Now, couldn't that be proof they're reading our emails?

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Until next time..............



3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time last night and WOW at the amount of money raised! I agree, at our age, the Lord knows it isnt as easy to keep going like when we were younger. Hope your week ahead is a good one and you get to go to the fair, at least one night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's pretty scary, coming from Yahoo! Good grief, of course they are keeping tabs! Not just Yahoo - I'm sure they all are.

    What a great event the NRA had! $35,000!! Wow! No wonder Bob is exhausted. Hope you all enjoy the fair, though. Hope you get some photos to share! Keep enjoying your wonderful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't to to the fair at all anymore...too expensive and nothing that interests us.

    I received that email too - it did make me feel a bit violated.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....