Sorry I've been absent the last few days. Did you miss me? lol
Wednesday, Bob had to take the car back up to the repair garage. They ran a complete diagnostic and found out it wasn't the ABS, or the brakes. It was a wheel bearing. $300! Ouch! That sure hurt our budget.
Thursday, while we were at the grocery store, I got a text from Lisa that she'd gotten Ian's clarinet from the repair store but he can't play it. "He can't get any sound out of it." I couldn't imagine any problem with the horn. It had to be Ian. So we stopped there on our way home. He was packing it away when I walked in. I made him put it back together and watched that he did everything correct. Then I had him try to play it. Nothing. I got right in his face, hands on either side of his face to help with the puffing cheeks, and told him to blow. Harder. I don't care if it's just a screech. He did and he did. LOL The problem was he was so afraid to make that screech in front of his dad and older brother. They went outside and after a couple more tries, he was playing the scale. I talked to him for quite awhile, encouraging him all the way.
But since we had groceries in the van, I had to leave. Lisa and I went outside so I could get my hubby and the food home. Ian came out with his horn and played me a tune. He was so proud. I told his parents the importance of their cooperation, patience and encouragement -- and NO TEASING. I'll check back with Ian next week to see what's happening.
This evening we have a banquet to go to. Bob's a member of the Friends of the NRA and he's been busy lately, going to lots of meetings and working the last couple days making final arrangements for this big yearly fund-raiser event. It's being held at the Elks Lodge and they are catering the meal. The guys have sold 150 dinner tickets so the banquet room is going to be full. Right now Bob's out there, helping to set things up and making sure all is just right plus find out what his duties will be tonight. He'll be home in a couple hours to clean up then go back out. My sister-in-law and I will be going out around 5:00pm.
We've had another full week of this beautiful spring-like weather. It's been great. Highs in the mid-70's and down into the 50's at night. However --- summer is returning. By the end of next week it's suppose to be in the upper 90's. Looks like we will be turning the A/C back on.
Today our daughter Teresa is moving our grandson Curtis back to Columbus, OSU. Being his first year, he took off the summer semester and came home. Now he's ready to go back. Won't be seeing him for awhile and I'll miss him terribly. I pray for his safety and well-being.
The last few days we've had a low-flying helicopter going back and forth from the airport, which we don't live far from. It's not Life Flight. It's sheriff. It's that time again, the marijuana harvest season and the corn is very tall this year, so they fly over the fields to find their growing spots.
Well, got things I should be doing, so I'll close this. I hope everyone has a super weekend.
Until next time......................


Sorry about the car..that is a big chunk when you are on a budget for sure. You do have a musical family and that is so great. Enjoy your time at the banquet, and the rest of the weekend.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were able to encourage your grandson with his music, I hope he enjoys his instrument.
ReplyDeleteYes, I HAVE missed you! Sorry about the car repair...always a killer, it seems. I love hearing that Bob is active in the NRA. Joe and I both just joined and need to look for some local groups. We also sent in for our concealed weapon licenses and hope they arrive soon. I don't have a gun, but I like knowing if and when I do have one, I can carry it for protection! Nice that you gave your grandson some time with his clarinet. Reed instruments are not easy to play and can sound pretty nasty until the right embrasure is found....same for any brass instrument, too. Keep encouraging him!!
ReplyDelete