Thursday, January 16, 2014

Another snowy day

Happy Thursday! I heard today is 'Thankful Thursday'. I have so much to be thankful for, but I'll try to narrow this down to just one thing for today and that would be my little house. I tried to find a photo but it's gone. I'll have to take another one --- when the weather warms up.

On days like this, tho', I'm thankful for my little warm, cozy home. We're having another snow storm. We've had a few days of above freezing temperatures, so most of the snow we got with the last storm had almost melted away. Now comes another one. It's very windy, so the new snow is drifting and the wind chill is down to 12°.

You may have heard this, but Directv and the Weather Channel have had a contract dispute, so Directtv took them off their lineup.  It doesn't affect us, but their app on my phone is a constant reminder.


Every winter, besides all the problems it brings, I have one that can be very painful. My hands get so dry, the end of my thumbs will crack open. I've tried all sorts of creams but nothing seems to help.

I have my hands in water so much, I can't wear band-aids during the day, only at night with a dab of Neosporin.

My appointment with the Dr. yesterday went very well. She's trying me on a new prescription. Not sure how this is going to work out. It'll be a slow process since I have to be weaned off the one I've been taking. So, I won't know for a couple weeks what the verdict will be. I do know it's affecting my stomach and my appetite after just 2 pills.

I guess that's all to report today.

Until later............

3 comments:

  1. Those cracking fingers are not good for piano playing! OUCH! I hope your new meds work well with no side effects. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, I know your fingers that crack open are very sore. My daughter has the same problem and she hasnt found anything that really helps either. Hope the new medicine does the trick that the doctor put you on. Winter is full blown for sure. No snow here but bitter cold. Stay warm and hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thumbs and pointer finger crack, too, Carol. Boy, does it hurt! I haven't found anything to help either, but have had some luck with liquid bandage. I am so sorry for your bad weather! We are cold (for us) here in Florida, too. It will only be a high of 58° tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....