Today's another "Hodgepodge" Wed. If you would like to play along, CLICK HERE
1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl. So when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good?
I haven't been bowling for a very long time. I was part of a team years ago and it was so much fun. I was fairly good. I think my average was around 132.
2. Should sports stars be role models?
No... the quality of those "stars" is not what it used to be. Today they get into trouble with the law, drugs, etc.
3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?
I love oatmeal. On a cold winter morning, there's nothing like a hot bowl of oatmeal with a dab of brown sugar on it.
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?
"The Book Thief"
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?
Why didn't you stick with your dreams and not give up?
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
I can't say there's any one movie that would make me want to do that. I love movies, and I will occasionally watch the same one twice. But I can say that any movie with Harrison Ford, Kevin Costner or Sean Connery, I
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
Guy's plaid, polyester suits (John Travolta style) and women's hats with the big feathers
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today, on the phone, I talked to an old friend I haven't seen in years. Her and I grew up together in the 'old neighborhood' and talking with her tonight was like time stood still. She still has that silly laugh. We reminisced about a few things and some people we had lost track of. It was so good to hear her voice again.

How fun to catch up with an old friend! I loved The Book Thief...trying to decide if I want to see the movie or not. Have a nice evening!
ReplyDeleteHow great to reconnect with an old friend, and to catch up like you have been talking to each other all the time! I love those friendships! This was a fun Hodgepodge and I am so happy you have joined in!!
ReplyDeleteMy first time to your blog...nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteYou're a much better bowler than me.
Yes, ma'am...oatmeal with a dab of brown sugar on it.
Another yes ma'am... Harrison Ford, Kevin Costner or Sean Connery
Guy's plaid, polyester suits (John Travolta style)...we are so alike
...still has that silly laugh (I actually ran into a kindergarten friend of mine on top of the pyramid outside Mexico City when I traveled there as a chaperone...Guess what clued me in to it being 'her'? Her silly laugh...hahahah, it sounded the same as it had in kindergarten.
Talking with an old friend is the best kind of treat. I'm glad you enjoyed your chat.
ReplyDelete