Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sassy Saturday

We had the whole family here for supper tonight and we had a great time. Our 3 daughters were in good form. When we get them together, it's so much fun. I think the neighbors could have heard the laughter. A lot of the conversation started out with 'do you remember the time'. Our grand-daughter was sitting at the table with her fiance, listening to some of these for the first time. Then she'd tell him "now you know where I get it". I miss those times with my girls so much. I'd even go back to when they were teenagers and do it all over again. Oh, my! What am I saying? hahaha

Our weather turned real crappy today. I worried about #2 daughter driving down from Michigan. It started out with rain and fog, then heavy rain that turned into a mixture of rain and snow, then all snow. Crazy. But it all ended quietly with no accumulation.

Yesterday I mentioned on here about an old childhood friend I connected with again and how great it was to talk to her again. We've been spending the last few weeks on the phone and emails, catching up. I was asked where she lived and what are the chances of getting together with her. She's 1,000 miles away in Riverview, FL. She and her husband still have family here and she says they may be coming to Ohio in a couple months. Then we'll be able to spend a couple days together. We're both looking forward to it.

'Twister' ... I'm watching this movie again, for the umpteenth time. I just wanted to sit down and relax when this came on. I've got to see the ending before I can go to bed.

Until next time....

5 comments:

  1. Carol, Riverview is only about an hour for me!! I have another blogging friend who lives there! Lisa was on Multiply, but she decided to not blog anymore, so we are only in touch on Facebook, now, but have met in person. Small world that you have a friend so close to us. Now you have TWO reasons to come to Florida!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is 2 good reasons. She's practically begging me to move down there. They love it, said it was the best decision they ever made.

      Delete
  2. I know you enjoyed having everyone there at the same time, and I could almost feel the love and laughter from way down south. It is neat that you reconnected with someone from your past and I do hope you get to meet again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have those same conversations at our house when the kids come home. Often I hear things that I was not aware of at the time...sometimes it's a bit scary!

    I envy you that friend connection. I'm so happy for you and hope you do get to see her soon.

    Twister is a favorite movie in our home too. We watched Frequency last night - every time I see the end of that one I'm on the edge of my seat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a native Floridian. I was just going to ask you which Riverview your friend lives in (there are 3). Since that's near Terri, it must be the one in Hillsborough County (Tampa area). One thing about Florida, you'd probably never have to worry about snow again. Plus, there's no State income tax.

    That is fun to play catch up with former friends. I hope y'all can stay in touch now. That's wonderful.

    By the way, I like the new blog background. Very cheerful! ~:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....