It's Wednesday already, so that means another great list of questions from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond . If you'd like to join in the fun, visit her blog page to get more information.
1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Are you blooming where you're planted as we begin the month of May?
Not yet. I was a late bloomer. After a winter like we had this year in Ohio, it's taking me a long spell of warm sunshine before I'll get warmed up enough to bloom. lol
3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)... besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.
A 5! Most spiders, if they're smaller than a dime, don't bother me. Those nickle-size spiders will have me hollering for Hubby to come kill it. Those ranking a 10 for me have many, many legs and can get away faster than a blink. Any larger than that........... I'm moving!
A 5! Most spiders, if they're smaller than a dime, don't bother me. Those nickle-size spiders will have me hollering for Hubby to come kill it. Those ranking a 10 for me have many, many legs and can get away faster than a blink. Any larger than that........... I'm moving!
3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)... besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?
Broccoli and tomatoes. I love salads and will eat most anything on my lettuce. However, my next favorite salad is fresh spinach with bacon. I'm not picky. Just hand me a salad and I'll eat it .... well, most of it.
4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington), Mt. Rainer (Washington), Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington).
The Oregon Coast! No hesitation there. (If money were no issue) I would see the sunset over the ocean, the famous Haystack Rocks, walk barefoot in the sand, watch the whales do their thing and then stay in a luxurious lodge on the beach.
When I worked, I was constantly "racing the clock" to get a project finished by the deadline. It was a good job and I loved working for them, but I'm retired now and I don't have to do that -- very often, that is.
4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington), Mt. Rainer (Washington), Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington).
The Oregon Coast! No hesitation there. (If money were no issue) I would see the sunset over the ocean, the famous Haystack Rocks, walk barefoot in the sand, watch the whales do their thing and then stay in a luxurious lodge on the beach.
5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby... when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?
6. What is something little you love?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Update: I wrote the other day about my youngest daughter being taken to the hospital by ambulance Friday. Today she came in here on her lunch break from work and she's doing fairly well. Her problem is low blood sugar and the doctor wants her to get a glucose meter to keep track of how low, when and why her blood sugar drops. And she needs to get rid of the stress. I just wanted to give you an update. Thank you for the prayers. God has heard us.
If I understand this question correctly, I have to say my 2 youngest grandsons. They're 6 and 8, and this grandma is trying to show them they're not getting too big for me to hug them.
7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner? Elaborate.
I am a kinesthetic learner. I've always had problems with any teacher telling me what I need to know. It's like it goes in one ear and out the other. I do a little better with the visual lessons, but if I can do it myself, hands-on, I will retain what I've learned so much better. I learned about computers that way. I received my first computer as a gift way back when it was run totally on DOS and I wrote my own programs.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Update: I wrote the other day about my youngest daughter being taken to the hospital by ambulance Friday. Today she came in here on her lunch break from work and she's doing fairly well. Her problem is low blood sugar and the doctor wants her to get a glucose meter to keep track of how low, when and why her blood sugar drops. And she needs to get rid of the stress. I just wanted to give you an update. Thank you for the prayers. God has heard us.


The Oregon coast holds a lot of appeal for me too. I think it could be fun living there.
ReplyDeleteBlessings~
I would enjoy seeing the whole Left Coast. Maybe someday ... *sigh*
ReplyDeleteMy computer experience starts in DOS too. It's funny how Windows can be more mystifying that writing one's own programs. Or maybe I'm just old and not paying attention anymore.
I have low blood sugar too. Tell her to keep bananas and/or graham crackers with peanut butter close by. Those are really good in a pinch. So thankful it wasn't anything "serious". ~:)
Glad your daughter is doing okay. Praise God. I used to program in DOS, too, Carol. I've used computers since the early 80s! Back when an 8 inch floppy disc was really floppy! Your answer about traveling out west to the Oregon coast almost makes me want to change my answer! You made it sound heavenly!
ReplyDelete