Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday 5


I haven't written up a Friday 5 in such a long time, but today is a rough day and my thoughts are all over the grid. I'm hoping by doing the five, it may help.

1. I'm a natural worrier and when something happens to one of my girls, I can't think of anything else. Daughter #3 was taken to the hospital last night. They thought at first she may have had a mini-stroke. But thank God, it wasn't. It was the result of all the stress in her life, she's not eating and her blood sugar dropped to 42, so she passed out. All tests came back normal, but they told her she was having a migraine. Oh, Lord. She can't be suffering with the same thing her mother has!

2. I had plans to go to the store today, but it doesn't look like this cold rain is going to let up until later on this evening. So, I guess I'm staying in where I'm warm and dry. That's ok. I need to get in some practice, lots of it, in fact.

3. Daughter #1 will be graduating from college on May 10th. We're all so proud of her and what she's accomplished. She's a wife, mother, worked full-time and still took the last 3 years to take college courses. Now she has a masters in business.

4. It just keeps getting better. Daughter #2 just sent me a text message saying it looks like she may be losing her job. She's been sick lately and I guess they don't like her missing so many days. It's another one of those catch 22... don't come in if you're sick, but when you miss work because you are sick, you're fired.

5. I'm struggling here, trying to find another positive to write about.....
My head keeps going back to the clip art I put up above. Count my blessings one by one. Even tho' the picture may be bleak and dark right now, I have so much to be thankful for.






2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the news about the troubles your dear daughters are having. I will add them all to my prayer list! Trust in God. It will all work out. Love & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Carol, I'm so sorry to hear you have so much on your heart. I know I'm quite late in reading this...forgive me, but I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....