Saturday, May 3, 2014

Random Thoughts for Saturday

I have an online friend that knows how much I love to see photos of far-away places around the world, so he often sends me groups of pictures he finds that were taken by very talented photographers. So many of them fascinate me and I thought I'd share a couple with you.

This is the lighted Cherry Blossom Lake in Sakura, Japan.
Such a beautiful color. 

This one is a little closer to home. 
Blackwater Falls State Park in West Virginia.

I have no plans for today, just the usual. I'm just finishing up a load of laundry and I'll be making a pot of spaghetti sauce for supper in a little while.

There's nothing new to report from here. Daughter #3 came in yesterday when she finished work and I went out to WalMart with her. She's much better after that ordeal she went through last weekend. Since she found out she had a battle with low blood sugar, we shopped for grocery items she can eat for meals and items she can carry with her. I want to thank everyone again for the prayers for her. God has heard us.

Do you wear an apron when you cook? I've been thinking of looking for one like Gr-Grandma wore. When I make my spaghetti sauce, it never fails -- I always manage to get some on me. Some times I'll change clothes and put on a black t-shirt white I cook. Today I'm wearing a yellow top, so I'll have to change. I need that apron. Do you like this one?

Our grand-daughter had her first ultra-sound this week and she reported her "babybug" is healthy with a strong heart beat. We're praying the little one continues growing strong and healthy for the next 6 months. I can't wait to hold my first great-grandchild.

The primary election is this coming Tuesday. I've been doing my homework and finding out as much as I can about the candidates and the issues, so I can go to the polls with my decisions made.

Until next time............ 



2 comments:

  1. You know, wearing an apron would be a dandy idea. I have a tendency to wear my food too. :) I do like the apron. It's a good idea to have one with big pockets like that.

    Our primaries in Georgia are May 20th which just happens to be my birthday. Our country is in such a mess from bow to stern. I pray that only Libertarian people win so we can get back to practicing the law according to the US Constitution again. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a couple of aprons I wear in the kitchen, especially before a dinner party, when I am dressed and ready for company, but still have things to finish making. My friend, Cindee, has an apron collection. She loves aprons and has all kinds. I remember my grandmother wearing an apron - always - but was too little when I lost my great-grands. I'm sure they did too. "Back in the day" they didn't have the abundance of clothing we have today. The work dress (yes, dress) had to last a few days, if not all week. We sure do take things for granted today, don't we!

    I asked Joe if he wanted pasta tonight, or chili....he opted for chili, so that is what is simmering on the stove right now. I usually do my spaghetti sauce in the crock pot....not so messy that way!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....