I hope you have a blessed Easter.
Just when I start to whine about having such a dull life and wish for something new .... be careful what you wish for. You just may get it.
I've been making my list of what I need to do to get ready for the weekend and Easter dinner. Yesterday, Hubby and I got ready to go out to the grocery store to get the ham and other ingredients for our meal. When he opened the garage door to get the car, there was water running across the floor from the freezer. It's our daughter's freezer that we've kept here until she got moved into their new home and would have a place to set it. I had to wait until she got off work to give her the "good" news.
The exciting part? The freezer was empty except for a turkey breast plus a whole turkey I had in there. Thank goodness there wasn't a lot of meat to lose, but now I have them thawing out. What with the ham and the turkey breast plus everything else in my refrigerator for our dinner, there's not enough room for the whole turkey. So we had to put it in a cooler covered in ice. This will be quite an Easter meal.... ham, roasted turkey breast AND deep-fried turkey.
Lisa called around and found a repairman. He came down early this morning and got it fixed. She and her husband were here most of the morning, waiting for him to show up.
After that was all taken care of, Lisa and Rob left. Then daughter #3 came in. She was seeing her Hospice clients today and had some time to kill. She was here for about an hour. After all this, I finally got my breakfast.
Daughter #2, with her family, will be here from Michigan tomorrow and she's going to help me with some baking and other odd jobs that needs to be done. Today's chores only included some housework but here it is mid-afternoon and I've gotten nothing done. So...........
Until next time...........

Seems like it should have been lunch time when you finally got your breakfast!!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness that freezer wasn't full!! We were watching the neighbor's cats a few years ago, and the freezer in their garage stopped working. By the time we smelled the rotting meat, it was too late to save anything. They now have one with the temperature (digital) on the door. I look at it every time I enter through their garage, now, when we are taking care of their cats when they travel!!
Wishing you a blessed Easter, Carol. Can't wait to hear about your feast and family time!!
I'm so glad your family can get together this weekend. At least there'll be enough food! :) Since the freezer has been repaired it will probably go the rest of it's life without any problems. I hope that is so.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy weekend y'all. ~:)