With this Sunday being Easter, I'm glad to report that everyone's plans have changed and they are all going to be here for dinner afterall. We will again have a full house and I'm looking forward to it. These walls have not heard noise since last Dec. 24th.
Of course, now that means a trip to the grocery store. I'm getting the ham while the girls all bring lots of side-dishes. I also have to bake a carrot cake. I have a son-in-law that would be very disappointed if I didn't. He requests it every year. Last year we had dinner at their house and a friend of his was there. He talked his friend into trying a piece. "It's so good. You gotta taste it. She makes it from scratch." I had to laugh at the way he said that. Like he's never had one before he became a member of this family. Maybe he hadn't.
We had the roofers here bright and early this morning. We had a new roof put on last summer and like everything else that survived the horrible winter, it got a beating. We lost a couple shingles on the highest peak. They had it repaired in about 20 min.
Until next time........
I'm so glad you're home will be full of family on Sunday! ENJOY!!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so happy all the family will be in one place again. I pray y'all have a wonderful visit and eat lots of carrot cake. Take pics for later cherished memories.
ReplyDeleteWe have a steel roof now and I highly recommend them. Our electric bill went down first thing. Plus, it looks so sharp.
Hope the approaching cold weather misses y'all. ~:)
I'm so happy you will have a joyful house full for Easter!! I can't wait to see your photos and hear all about it. Yum to carrot cake!! Our friend, Helen, is bring dessert for our dinner, and she usually does pie. Cake does sound good!
ReplyDeleteGlad the roof repair was done quickly!!