Sunday, April 13, 2014

Palm Sunday



They waved palm branches as He passed
And hailed Him as their King;
Yet, they knew not of the sorrow
The coming week would bring.

The glad acclaim would soon give way
To jeers and mockery;
In Pilate's court He'd be condemned
To a cross on Calvary.

But Jesus knew He was the price
In God's redemptive plan,
The Sacrificial Lamb come down
To die for sins of man.

The centuries have passed and still
He seeks those lost in sin,
Pleading with unyielding hearts
To repent and follow Him.

On this day we shout our praise,
O, let us not delay;
The palm-strewn path of long ago
Still leads to Him today.
--- poem by Kay Hoffman 

I started making plans this week for our Easter dinner with all the kids and grandkids. Now it looks like there won't be any dinner. It's possible 2 of our daughters won't be able to come to town. I haven't talked to daughter #1 yet, who lives here in town, to see what she wants to do. It won't be the same without all of us, but this mother has to learn to deal with things like this. We can't always get everyone together. Their lives have their own priorities. 


We're having another comfortably warm day even though the sun has disappeared. It definitely feels like spring and I love it. On the 11:00 news last night, they said the temperature was 69° ! We haven't seen that happen since last September. But now they're predicting this coming Tuesday we could see some snow flurries. Crazy. 

I have no plans for the rest of my day except practice. My lessons are getting more difficult, more advanced, and consequently more difficult. It looks like my shopping for a piano has been put on hold again. Our finances just won't cooperate. Oh, well, I'll just have to stick with my little electric keyboard for awhile longer. It serves its purpose, I guess.

I saw a news item on Facebook last night about Mrs. Obama and her drive to get all "junk" food out of the schools. She now has another 3 minute commercial spot that will be on TV. But the article included a picture of her. I guess it was to point out what healthy eating can do for you, even tho' she's still eating her big juicy burgers and ribs. Anyways, this picture was so disgusting. I flipped when I saw it. She has no class at all!!! This is just outrageous for our 'First Lady' (and I use that term loosely .... she's not my first lady) to act this way in public. Makes me sick.

I guess she was dancing, but still that's no excuse for this kind of actions in public. Can you believe this? Look at the guy down front.... he has such a nice view of the president's wife.

Until next time......... 

3 comments:

  1. Amen to the beautiful poem.
    I'm happy to hear it finally warmed up for y'all. It's been so warm here our garden is growing in leaps in bounds.
    Hope there can still be a family get together. Yeah, it won't be the same, but like you said, sometimes you gotta go with the flow. Make memories and enjoy yourselves.
    I wish I had a musical talent. Maybe you can get a piano later on. Hope that's so.
    Magilla Gorilla (I won't even dignify using her 'real' name) is the First Tramp. Shamefully, I think she represents how so many young women have become pigs. Shame on anyone that voted for this and put them in charge of our lives. Disgusting. I just hope America can survive and elect human beings next cycle.
    God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems I won't have the entire family together this Easter either. According to daughter #2, daughter #1 and her Hubby won't be able to make it, but I haven't heard anything personally from daughter #1. :(

    We had a short spring...our high today will be 25 - it's windy, snowy, and cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely poem, indeed. So sorry you won't have everyone home for Easter dinner. We have gotten used to not having the boys here for any of the holidays. They are too far away, and holidays just aren't that special to them anymore. Our youngest is single, working long hours, and only gets down to Florida once a year. He lives in a studio apartment with a futon to sleep on, so we can't really go there to visit. Our oldest and his wife (#3) have turned agains organized religion. They believe in Jesus, and read the Bible, but won't celebrate Christmas or Easter (or birthdays, either). So, no happy celebrations with them. It makes me sad, but we have accepted it, and enjoy seeing Tristan, and we have our friends (extended family, we call them) here, and make our own new traditions and celebrations. It's just the way it is.

    Keep watching Craig's List for that piano. Sometimes people will give one away if you will pick it up!!

    Michelle Obama is a joke. That picture of her trying to be Miley Cyrus is sickening. She has no class...not an ounce anywhere. Pig is what she is.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....