Monday, April 21, 2014

The Monday .......

...... after Easter, that is. I hope everyone had a blessed Sunday. We had a good time here. All of our girls made it and it was so good to have them and their families with us. The house was full.... 14 of us!

The weather was beautiful. It couldn't have been more perfect if we had ordered it... clear blue sky, a light breeze and 76°.

The food was delicious, if I say so myself. And plentiful, as usual. We had ham, turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole, raw vegetables with dip, tomatoes, deviled eggs, hot rolls plus Krispie Treats, chocolate cake, Dutch apple pie and my carrot cake. My bunch cleaned most of it up. I usually have left-overs to send home with the girls, but the only things they wanted this time were the desserts. They did leave 2 pieces of carrot cake. But that's ok. If it's here, I eat it.

After dinner, when the girls and I were cleaning up the mess in the kitchen, the guys went outside and the grandkids all went into the living room to play board games.
Grandson #2 Curtis and the boys' friend Garret. 

Grandson #3 Dylan (in the blue shirt), Hollie (our only grand-daughter) and her fiance Cass.

Hollie, her "baby brother" Dylan and their step-father Mike (Lori's husband)

The girls gave me gifts. This Easter lily from Teresa.

Lori and Mike gave us a solar lighted bird feeder. I love it. Hubby has been cracking jokes about it since we got it. When we hung it outside last evening, it hadn't gotten a full charge so the light didn't stay on very long. After dark Bob came in  to tell me the birds had gone to bed because the lights are out.

Until next time ........ 

2 comments:

  1. Bob is a funny guy!! Very cute about the birds going to bed! Ha!

    So happy to read that you had such a great Easter, and that the house was full of family and love. Awesome, Carol. Dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, funny Bob! It looks like all had a great time. Enjoy your bird feeder!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....