1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He's quoted as saying, 'Experience is the teacher of all things." So what has experience taught you lately?
Never let a hot curling iron hit your bare arm! hahaha
2. Where did you last 'roam'?
Around Walmart, trying to find something they didn't have.
3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato ... you can only pick one, which would you choose?
Pizza.... Super Supreme, with a cold Pepsi and a movie
4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
"Rome wasn't built in a day" ......... I have a tendency, when I start a project, I want to get it done as fast as possible. That's not always feasible.
5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
The movie, Under the Tuscan Sun. I loved the scenery and the architecture. I'd walk down those streets, browse the shops and stop in at the cafes.
6. Walt's original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955. Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
No, I've never been to any of them and I have never had a desire to see them. When my twin daughters graduated from high school in 1989, they both spent that summer working at Cedar Point. Hubby and I made several trips on weekends visiting them and hauling their things back and forth. While they were on their jobs, we walked the park from one end to the other, many, many times.
7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?
That's the worst part of summer. The bees and mosquitoes all loved me. I was always getting bitten/stung, so I tried to avoid them at all cost. Now, if I'm caught in their area, they don't seem to like me anymore. I think my medication might have something to do with that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hubby and I have decided we need to get in some exercise, so yesterday we hooked the Wii back up and spent 2 hrs. last evening 'bowling'. It was fun. I beat him in every game, but he still likes me today.
Hope you have a great day.
Good answers to this one. I am not a farris wheel, roller coaster person at all. My kids of course wanted to go and ride over and over. Summer is flying by for sure.
ReplyDeleteCarol, the Wii game sounds like so much fun. Hubby and I are at the gym 5 days a week trying desperately to stave off old age for as long as we can. Since I will be joining Hubby in the 70 age group in a couple months, we need to do all we can while we can. Retirement is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on beating your guy in bowling!
ReplyDeleteBless your husband! Not all men take defeat that well. :-) With all these testimonials for Under the Tuscan Sun, I'm going to have to read/check out that DVD! :-)
ReplyDeleteWe haven't been on our Wii in a while either. Great advice in #1 : )
ReplyDeleteA good Hodgepodge!! I lived in Huron (Sandusky) for almost 4 years, Carol. I know Cedar Point well. I understand it has grown and changed since I lived there - in the late 1970s. Moved to the Washington, D.C. area in late 1977, from there.
ReplyDeleteSorry to be late. Our router "crashed" and had to be reset, etc. and was being a general pain in the ... *lol* I always enjoy your answers. Living in Georgia, we're bitten or stung at least once a day. *smile* Have a blessed day! ~:)
ReplyDeleteAh, that made me smile this morning...thanks Carol! I've done that with the curling iron, it does hurt! I l too love the movie Under the Tuscan Sun and much for the same reasons you stated. Great job on the bowling - that sounds like a fun way to get in some exercise! Good for you!!
ReplyDelete