Today is a typical summer day in Ohio. It's very warm, 82° and the humidity is 63%. When I step outside, I can feel the conditions building into a thunder storm. A good day to stay inside and just play hooky.
Yesterday we had a good and a bad day. Daughter #2 came down from Michigan. She stayed here so we could have a nice talk while her hubby went out to his mother's house to take care of some repair work at her house for her. Lori's 2, Hollie and Dylan, plus Hollie's fiance, came in a bit later to see their mother. Then When Grandson #1, Lisa's boy, came in they all decided to go out to Bob Evans to get something to eat. We had a great time.
Then we got the bad news. Lisa, daughter #1, was on a road trip with the group of friends (Babes Out on Bikes --- the charity group that goes out on motorcycles to raise money and awareness for breast cancer). They were all in southern Indiana when Lisa laid her bike over, landing in a ditch, with her bike laying on her leg. The gals were able to lift it off her and got her into town, where they had a cabin rented and were going to do a major fund-raiser. Lisa got some first aid on her scrapes and ice on her sprained ankle. She was banged up pretty bad, but thankfully no broken bones.
The group was down in the hills and often couldn't get a phone signal. That's why I wasn't able to talk to her. Finally, she got her husband on the phone and he drove down with the trailer to get her and the bike home. The bike had only minor damage, but she was more worried about it than she was about herself. They're all home now and she's pretty sore but doing well. As a mother, I was so worried, not knowing the extent of her injuries, and thinking the worse.
For more good/bad news, my cousin John has been battling liver cancer. He's gone through 2 rounds of chemo and the 2 spots on his liver were shrinking nicely. Friday I talked to his wife and she told me the 2 spots had shrunk enough that a surgeon in Columbus says he'll be able to operate and get what's left. The doctor is going to slice off a section of his liver then insert a chemo pump for the next several months. Everyone is trying to stay positive. The operation will be the 29th in Columbus. John and I were raised together and we're more like brother and sister than cousins. His father and my mother were brother and sister and very close. It's so hard to see John going through this, losing so much weight, he looks like a scare crow, only half the size he used to be. He has such a positive attitude that he might just beat this. Either way, I know he's in God's hands.
On a brighter note... ♪ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ You have a blessed day.
Your cousin's positive attitude will go a long way helping him to get better. I will be praying for him. Glad you got to spend some time with your bunch. We dont have a Bob Evans any more, but used to love eating there. Have a nice evening.
ReplyDeleteI will pray for your cousin, Carol. My cousin, Tom, was more like a big brother to me, than a cousin, so I understand what you mean. So happy your daughter is okay and wasn't injured too badly in the motorcycle accident. That had to be scary for all of you. Nice that you had a little reunion at Bob Evan's. Wishing you a good week ahead! Please keep us posted about John.
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful your daughter wasn't badly injured. I pray she heals soon. It seems like every time there's a group ride, someone is injured. That's why hubby and I quit riding in groups. I miss the comradery but it's just too dangerous.
ReplyDeleteAnd I pray your dear cousin heals quickly and completely. What a burden this must be on your heart. I love my first cousin like a brother too but some how we've lost contact with each other over the years. He was a sweet boy when we where growing up. I guess he feels like he just outgrew me.
Hope y'all are having a good weekend. ~:)
I'm so glad your daughter's injuries weren't more extensive! Praise God!! I'll keep her in my prayers as she heals and also praying for your cousin.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you and your family in prayer..how scary of an accident, keeping your cousin in prayer. AND--It is hot and humid here in western upstate NY as well..Blessings
ReplyDelete