Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday, or is it Saturday?

Somewhere down the line I feel like I lost a day. It "feels" more like a Saturday. All day yesterday I kept having that feeling I'm forgetting something. Never found out what it was. For some reason, my whole system is screwed up.

This past week Monday and Tuesday was ok, fairly normal. Then came Wednesday. We had a clogged drain that needed immediate attention. Now, when it comes to plumbing projects around here, it's always best if I just make myself scarce. Hubby gets very touchy and usually loses his temper.

So, I went outside and worked on the flower bed out front. I did a LOT of bending and stooping. I felt pretty good and just kept working until I hit that proverbial brick wall. I had taken a few breaks off and on, but when I hit my limit, that was it. I had to come inside, cool down and re-hydrate. By then Bob had gotten his project done and he came outside to help me. I just watched. Our neighbor across the street came over and we talked to him for awhile, then I put my tools away and came in to relax. I was ok that evening. Actually felt good.

Then came Thursday. I had trouble getting out of bed. I rolled out my muscles hurt so bad. Then my migraine hit me. I was light-headed and had flying stars in my vision that I couldn't see very well. I didn't do anything but sit. After a few hours it cleared up, but I didn't feel like going to WalMart like I had planned. I got a load of laundry of done and by that time I was ok.

When daughter #3 finished with her last client at 7:30 pm, she wanted us to go out to WalMart and help her haul some new bicycles for the boys (ages 10 & 8). She ended up with 5!

The 2 little grandsons are going to have a big surprise when they get home from their dad's Sunday.

Grandson #2 bought him one to ride to work.

Teresa got her a new one for exercise and her friend Rob bought himself one to ride to work. 

We were able to put one of the 26" in her car; the other 4 went in the back of our van. Teresa lives 16 miles to our east, so we followed her home to put the bikes in the garage. Today she has to go over them and make sure all the bolts are tight.

Today I'm going back out to WalMart to get the things we need, then tomorrow Lori and Hollie (daughter and grand-daughter) are coming over to make the plans for Hollie's baby shower next month. I hope my house is going to be big enough for all her guests.

Well, now that I've bored you to tears, that's all I'm going to write about today.
I hope you have a great weekend.

Until next time................


7 comments:

  1. You never bore me. I always feel it is me, boring others...lol When one gets to my age, there isnt much excitement....just the day to day stuff. I sure hate it that the old migraine hit you, but also glad you are better now. Have a lazy weekend...thats what we are going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better. I really wish you didn't have to suffer with those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not boring! I enjoy reading others excapades. My life is boring. :) I'm just so distressed that you had another migraine. Just a thought, have you ever had an MRI perhaps focusing on the neck / shoulder area? I only ask (please, I'm not an expert, nor do I play one on TV .. lol) but that thoracic outlet syndrome (or any other outlet syndrome -- there are others) that I had surgery for was focused in that area. Before the surgery any exertion one of my many symptoms was "flying stars" in my vision! Perhaps there's a connection for your problems? If this is pursued, I suggest a vascular surgeon. He would be one to help, I think. If I'm just buttin' in where I have no business, I apologize. Like Linda said above, have a lazy weekend. You deserve it! ~:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sparky... you are not "buttin' in". I appreciate you caring. Yes, I've had the MRI and all the other tests. You have to remember there is absolutely NO pain with this. It's just the way my nervous system fires. I'm on constant medication to level things out and prevent any pain. It works. I'm able to function. Thank you for your concern. You have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  4. Carol, your posts are never boring!! I'm so glad you got through that nasty episode and feel better now! That's a whole lot of bicycles! Sometimes I wish I had one again. We have some great bike trails around here. BUT...if I buy one, I'll use it for two weeks, and then it will stay in the garage. I know myself. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the haeadache and sore muscles, Hope you enjoy the shower panning though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your not boring, far from it! I am sorry about your migraines, my husband gets those.Enjoy the shower planning..Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....