Monday we had both of the youngest grandsons, ages 8 and 10. That wasn't too bad, love having them here, except for the constant activity. One of them was always wanting something. It was just a busy day.
Tuesday Bob's cell phone died suddenly and he was not happy. He'd been carrying that antique flip phone for 4 years, it wasn't a surprise. He dug out the 2 used ones we had and he wanted me to see if I could activate the one he liked. They were old analog phones and I told him I probably couldn't, but I'd try. I spent 3 hours and 2 technicians from Verizon working on it! They both told me from their end the phone was programmed successfully. But it wouldn't dial out or receive a call. I kept telling Bob "it's the phone"!! Finally, 10 minutes later I had shopped on their web site, found him another flip phone and ordered it.
Wednesday Bob's new phone arrived. I got it activated then spent the next several hours getting it personalized and teaching him how to use it. It was another standard flip, but to him it was another complicated piece of technology. Need I say, my hubby is not very techie. We also had the boys again that day. Bryan, the youngest, was having a rough day and was in a bad mood. All he wanted to do was fight with his brother.
Thursday it was a day to run errands. I was on the computer answering an email from my friend in Riverview, FL. She's making her plans to come back up again next month and staying a couple weeks, just her. We're making our plans to get together and see if we can get into trouble somewhere. No, not really. We did that when we were young, but I'm too old to run from someone in authority.
Anyways, Bob was ready to leave so I cut my email short and got ready. After what happened later, I should have made him wait on me a little longer. The accident might not have happened.
We stopped in at a discount store, looked around for what we wanted, then left. We got out the car and Bob started to back out. No one around, except the lady in a van. She came flying into the parking lot, swung left behind us, to get into a parking spot in the other row and Bob backed into the side of her van. He didn't see her, and neither did I. We had just started to move, probably not more than 3ft. ..... the speedometer hadn't even moved yet. But if she'd stayed to her right as she was suppose to, she wouldn't have been close to our car at all. No... she does one of those wide turns like 18-wheelers have to do. She admitted she didn't see us backing out and she was in a hurry, had to be somewhere in a half-hour. We exchanged names and insurance companies. There was hardly any damage done to either vehicle, but Bob went out to get an estimate for insurance and came back with over a $500 repair estimate. It was just our back bumper, which of course is plastic. Just scratches that took the paint off. She has a slight dent right where the side door opens on her van. She called her husband right away and he came out. Bob got worried when he saw who it was (we both know OF him and his family's reputation) so Bob was sure this man was going to start pointing fingers. He looked angry. Keep your fingers crossed.
Friday (today) after a couple days of playing and setting up his personal preferences, I'm happy to report that Bob has decided he kinda likes his new phone after all. hahaha I am also happy to report that he's doing very well after his heart cath and stent surgery. He has been out mowing and just now got the yard work done. I've got the laundry done, so we're going to relax the rest of the day and recoup from the week's tension. I just finished making plans for tomorrow with Bob's brother and his wife to meet for dinner. That will be a good time with them.
I hope you've had a good week and are looking forward to a relaxing weekend.
Until next time............


Hate it about the car accident, but glad it wasnt any worse. cell phones - my hubby knows how to open it to answer a call, and he may or may not be able to dial out a #....not tech savvy here either...Enjoy your dinner out and have a restful weekend.
ReplyDeleteParking lots are just so hard to maneuver. There are blinds spots at every turn. So glad the damage was minimal and no one was hurt! The youngsters sure can wear you out, but I know you love having them. New phones can be stressful. Glad Bob has decided he likes his! Enjoy your dinner out!
ReplyDeleteYikes, what a week. Glad no one was hurt. I have to chuckle, my husband does not like anything cell phones or computers and barely can turn the computer on..nor does he want to learn, smiles. Blessings--by the way--love your new background.
ReplyDeleteThat IS a stressful week! Bless your heart. The cell phone business would have been enough to do me in, but add active kids and the parking lot incident, I would have had to calm down for awhile. Several adult libations might be called for. :) Not making light, just sympathizing. And I do pray that all will go well and there won't be any finger pointing, just niceties. Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend no matter what. ~:)
ReplyDelete