Wednesday, July 9, 2014

7/9 Hodgepodge


Another Wednesday, and a beautiful Wednesday it is. And now we have another version of Hodgepodge. Thank you, Joyce, at From This Side of the Pond  I hope you enjoy today's questions and my answers. If you would like to join in the fun, here's where you can find more information...... Click here

1. July is National Anti-Boredom Month. When was the last time you were bored? What's your go-to cure for boredom?

The last time I was bored --- this afternoon. 
My go-to cure --- a book, a long walk, or go to WalMart to watch the people.

2. What's the last thing you made a reservation for?

When Hubby's father's health condition became terminal, we flew to Texas to be with him and we made reservations at a B&B.

3. What's one thing on your summer 'bucket list'? Any plans to make it happen?

I have no bucket list, for summer or otherwise. For me, it's one day at a time.... no plans, no expectations, no stress.

4. What's your favorite summertime sip?

Iced tea. Sadly I'm not allowed to have anything stronger, now that I've become old. hahaha

5. What do you find is the best way to handle another person's hostility and hopefully ease the tension?

Leave the room? I don't know. I can't say what I'd do. It would depend on the person and the circumstances.

6. Your favorite film set in summer?

Dirty Dancing .... I love that movie

7. What word are you using too much lately?

"What?" My grandchildren just won't speak up so I can hear them. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Summer is just getting started and already we're hearing about children being left in hot cars. It's so sad. Some of those instances the parent says they "forgot she was back there". Some are just stupidity. Like the story I just saw on TV. The child was rescued by another customer at a WalMart somewhere, didn't catch that. He and the story manager got the child into the store and got her cooled down. EMS were called and she was taken to the hospital. The parents? Well, they showed up 45 min. later, looking for their child, crying their heart out!!!

I get SO angry when I see these stories. I did see a good idea on Facebook the other day. For parents, when you buckle your child into their seat, put your left shoe beside them. You won't forget they are there.

You have a great day. 

7 comments:

  1. It drives me nuts when I think of a child and even a pet, is left in a hot car. I cannot imagine the pain they feel. I saw that suggestion about the shoe too. Hope you have a nice afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children and pets left in hot cars....the punishment should include the same for the idiots who do that...then pull their toenails out and tie them up in the town square so people can throw garbage at them!!

    I love the movie, Dirty Dancing, too. What a shame that Jennifer Grey had a nose job and changed her appearance so drastically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good hodgepodge this week. Really made me think.

    I'm of the mind that this "forgetting" the kid is back there is a lie. So many people are killing each other now because they just don't care anymore. It all stems from allowing, and even encouraging by our government, the murder of unborn innocents. Yet they let murderers, child molesters, etc. go free. I've watched this society go down the tubes faster and faster every year. It's truly sad.

    I used to be a hot head when someone else started yelling. I was quit with the wit and the fist-a-cuffs. (Had an abusive, hateful, cruel father.) Now, I've turned to the Scriptures (I hope) more and more to handle things when they spiral out of control. Been using the "soft word" approach and it really works most of the time. I'm learning that HE can defuse a volatile situation just like that with His kindly touch. A smile works too. I'm trying to be a better person and lead others to Christ. Don't always succeed, but I'm trying. If someone wants to kill me, knock themselves out. I'll just be rejoicing with Jesus if they do. Oh, I still have a temper, I'm no saint, but I feel like it's not an admirable trait for me. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stories are heartbreaking. The shoe is a great idea! I love the piano playing little guy at the top of your blog...made me smile : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? (being silly)--great answers. Loved them. Thanks for the smiles. Love your new background here. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew - last one! I'm here catching up with you; I've read back quite a bit -sorry didn't take the time to comment on all. I really need to keep up with you all more often, it's just so hard to go back, I know I miss so much. Speaking of missing...I miss you! I hope you'll consider coming back to piano in the fall! Also, I don't want you to worry about the cost. I have never been "allowed" to pay for a single organ lesson - David wouldn't hear of it. I've been waiting for someone I knew who would appreciate for me to pay it forward. Maybe we can work something out?? I'm glad your Hubby is doing ok - I know it's scary to look back so let's just keep looking forward. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....